GNAO1 European Conference 2019
Famiglie GNAO1 hosted the first European GNAO1 conference in Rome, Italy on 16 November 2019.
The goal of this conference was to engage the medical, research, rehabilitation and health policy community in Italy and Europe to:
- begin the foundations of a strong center of innovative GNAO1 research and practice in the European Union;
- facilitate global initiatives with intercontinental project teams.
- presentations by clinicians, researchers and therapists from Italy, The Netherlands, Germany, UK and Switzerland;
- attendance by 20+ families from 9 countries;
- patronage of the European Parliament;
- medal of Recognition from the President of the Republic of Italy.
A special thanks, once more, to the National Roman Museum – Thermal Baths of Diocletian for their hospitality and the special reception dedicated to our children.
Presentation and video
Domenica Battaglia, Daniela Ricci
Cognitive Development and Neuro-visual Function in Children with GNAO1 Mutations
Pharmacological Treatment of Dyskinetic and Dystonic States in Domestic and Hospital Settings
Long-term and short-term outcomes of DBS for GNAO1 dystonia-dyskinesia in childhood: what can families expect?
GNAO1/Gαo: from fundamental research on the functions of the major neuronal G protein to development of novel approaches to the treatment of pediatric encephalopathies
Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC): Strategies and Tools for Engagement and Autonomy